Thursday, June 24, 2010

I want to read Shakespeare's entire body of work this year.?

I enjoyed him most in college, when the professor and classmates guided my interpretation and understanding. Are there complete annotated versions available that are also recommended? If not, what approach do you recommend?I want to read Shakespeare's entire body of work this year.?
I'd recommend a very large pot of coffee, some Red Bull and some sticks to keep your eyes open.


Good Luck.I want to read Shakespeare's entire body of work this year.?
http://www.amazon.com





At the site Amazon, (link above), I put 'books' in the first search box and 'Complete Annotated Shakespeare' in the second.


There are plenty of choices, many beginning with the words ';Globe Illustrated Shakespeare: Complete Works Annotated by Rh Value Publishing';--(of which they had 19 new and used from $3.61. It was published in '84.)


It was the ';Globe Ilustrated Shakespeare'; I meant as frequent, but there were others too, and well worth a look.





There are so many choices, (and I think the one I mention here may not be the best), that I suggest you click on the link provided, do what I did, and see for yourself.





Or go to your favorite bookstore and browse there, knowing you will find something.


But looking at all of Amazon's books sometimes gives a shopper a good place to start... a good base of knowledge.


Luck--
You're going to have trouble finding a complete works which is also annotated. I recommend you get a nice, leatherbound complete works (they're BIG) and a collection of Cliff's Notes or the like.





An alternate route would be to check with colleges around you and see if they offer web-lectures on Shakespeare. Some have web-lectures you can buy without actually taking the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection