Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is this an effective work out plan?

I got to the gym 3 times + a week and go on the bike for 5 minutes then treadmill for 20 mins. Then various stomach crunches. On the stepper for 5 minutes then arm, butt, and leg exrcises on the weight machines - 2/3 sets of 12/15.





Should I be going more than 3 times a week and what should I be eating to make this even more effective....Help!Is this an effective work out plan?
I think that's a perfect beginner plan. Once you're adjusted to that, I would up it to maybe 4 or 5x a week if you want to lose weight though or for aerobic/cardio fitness. I have to work out at least 4 times a week to lose weight.





Nutrition you probably are already watching your fat and carbs, but it's always good to not eat too much of the unhealthy fats and carbs. I'm always trying to get more protein and dairy in my diet. I love www.sparkpeople.com lately which is free and has nutrition, fitness planning, and message boards, weight tracker, and a lot of other info and motivation. I've just started keeping a food diary on the site, and it's interesting seeing how many calories you eat and you can see how much protein/carbs/fats you're eating each day as it calculates out for you.Is this an effective work out plan?
If you can, up your cardio to 45 minutes. That should include 5 minutes of warm up and 5 minutes of cool down. Free weights are also a great way to tone your body. Search around online for some great moves or schedule a meeting with a personal trainer at your gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection