Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Will this work on my computer?

If I have pc2100 memory installed in my computer, can I install pc2700 memory on it?Will this work on my computer?
Yes it will. I've tried it myself. But if your mother board can only run at the speed of the PC2100, do not expect it to run the speed of PC2700.





Visit: http://mysysrepair.vndv.comWill this work on my computer?
Generally as long as the RAM's keyway matches the motherboard it can be installed, however a faster DIMM that may not be compatible with your motherboard may need timing changes that only a do-it-yourself board has settings for. You can visit Kingston's web page if you have a factory built computer and need to know what is compatible with it.





Also please note that if you have slower sticks already installed, the new sticks will simply default to the slower frequency completely defeating the purpose of installing faster sticks in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection