Friday, December 11, 2009

I am graduating this semester and working for a large engineering corporation. When should I ask for salary?

Salary information for after I graduate. I'm environmental engineering and am taking the FE for October.I am graduating this semester and working for a large engineering corporation. When should I ask for salary?
That would depend on what you are getting paid an hour. employers tend to look at salary as method to get you to work extra hours without having to worry about costs.





What happened with me was I hourly at $35 bucks an hour so with overtime it was over 50 bucks. This was back in the day.





After the powers that be looked at my accomplishments and their budget. they decided it would be better to be on salary.





This of course gave me the opportunity to ask for a higher salary based on payment history.





and BTW always ask for a review within a certain time.I am graduating this semester and working for a large engineering corporation. When should I ask for salary?
the day after you get your diploma, and whatever a FE is..


you may have to get a new job to get the big salary boost.
45

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection