Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm a World of Warcraft fan moving to a rural area. Anyone know how to make this work?

Satellite is the most obvious answer, but the general opinion seems to be that WoW plays poorly on it. Hard pressed to find a DSL connection that covers my address. Is there a satellite internet service that performs well enough, or does someone have a different suggestion? Losing WoW will make me sad...I'm a World of Warcraft fan moving to a rural area. Anyone know how to make this work?
I also investigated satellite service when I moved to an area that had neither DSL or Cable broadband service. I found satellite service to be way to expensive for the small increase over dial-up. Also there is a natural lag with satellite besides whatever lag is normally experienced with WoW.





I went with dialup. I was able to solo and do 5-mans just fine. I was also able to main tank Karazhan fine except for the steps on the way to Moroes, I always got a lot of lag there. 20/40 mans were pretty much out of the question.





Hope my experience helps you.I'm a World of Warcraft fan moving to a rural area. Anyone know how to make this work?
I don't think you have many options. Dial up will work but it'll be nasty. Satellite is nasty too.





Honestly i'd try to stop playing wow. You probley don't realise it but your addicted. I played for 2+ years before I realised I was. Almost every player on there is. At level 70 you do repetitive stuff. Sometimes 20000 times or more. The game stops being fun and it becomes an addiction.





Please check out www.wowdetox.com and read a few pages. It will help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection