Friday, December 11, 2009

Paternity suits: How does this work?

I filed a paternity suit and my ex has until next Wednesday to respond (he had 30 days because he lives out of state). I seriously doubt he will hire a lawyer and show up to the hearing....but I KNOW he wants a DNA test (even though we were engaged and the child can't be anyone else's). Can he request a paternity test if he does not respond to the paternity suit and show up at the hearing?Paternity suits: How does this work?
If you filed a paternity suit, did you do this through a lawyer? I would seriously ask your lawyer...laws may differ each state/country and you may be able to request a damand for a test first. Ask.Paternity suits: How does this work?
I hope everything goes ok for you. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection