Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Is it illegal for my sister if she worked like this?

If she has to start work as a waitress in a restaurant at 4:00pm in the afternoon and work untill 12:00 am at night without any breaks or lunch (or shall I say dinner?) in between.





She's 16 and is still in the last year of school. What are the working Time Regulations and limits?Is it illegal for my sister if she worked like this?
depends what she does she should read the rule book given when hired however here in Arizona if you work 8 hours you are entitled to a 1 hour break which i hate bec its a waist of time and my job forces you to take it not paid or you can take a 30 min which is ok with our boss those are the rulesIs it illegal for my sister if she worked like this?
I don't know if its illegal but I know that its sooooo wrong!!!


I wouldn't even work there if I were your sister!!!
in canada in a 8 hour shift i am entitled to one half an hour paid and one half hour un paid.
I don't know the exact laws, but I know that is illegal in California and probably all of the US.
Here in Australia they have brought in work place agreements, which are a little like contracts. As far as I know if she signed (with parental permission) a workplace agreement that states the conditions as you describe then it is not illegal, immoral maybe but not illegal.


Im not sure of the laws in the UK tho.
Illegal in the U.K., she can only work for 5 hours before she's got to have a break

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection