Friday, December 11, 2009

Is this guy at work trying to get me to leave or is he going senile?

I'm a programmer for a small software consulting company and I do work for different people in the company. This one person I've been doing most of the work for recently is driving me absolutely insane. For example: He first gives me a project to work on (and gives me very little detailed info). If I ask, he says something like ';just make it work'; and goes back to playing solitaire.


Then after I bust my rear end for days (sometimes weeks) I show him the program and the output, he starts (basically arguing with me) about how it doesn't work the way he wants it. Or he starts asking me why I didn't do this and that (stuff that he never asked for). I think he either hates me and wants me to look for another job, or he is just going senile. He is getting up there in age. Not old, but definitelly over the hill.Is this guy at work trying to get me to leave or is he going senile?
He's threatened by young up and coming ';whipper-snappers';(old person talk). Tell him to write what he wants on paper and then you follow it to a T. If he doesn't like it tell the old man to retire and quit holding you back.Is this guy at work trying to get me to leave or is he going senile?
I think he hates you....
I would get fired and collect or complain and try to get him fired.





Life is too short
Your a small minded idiot to say that protesters should be killed for protesting the war.your mentally deranged, and now I see your a wimp.get a life retard.
Why don't you talk with your supervisor about the situation. If I were you, I'd be very polite and not say anything insulting or derogatory to him (or her) about this other guy--I wouldn't want to come across as being just a bratty and disrespectful complainer (and besides, maybe your supervisor and the other guy are best friends or something).





I would say something to the effect that I've been running into some snags on Mr. X's projects, and I needed some advice about how I could be doing a better job with them. (that way, hopefully, I'd come across as not just a whining complainer, but as someone who's interested in doing good work in this Company). Then I'd briefly describe how X tends to give skimpy information about what he's looking for from my work on the projects, and how unhelpfully critical his remarks have been about my work afterwards.





During the whole conversation with my supervisor I'd keep my focus as much as humanly possible on how I simply want to do a good job for Mr. X and everyone else in the Company. Depending on my supervisor's reactions to what I had to say, I might even suggest that perhaps Mr. X and I just weren't a good match, and that perhaps I could be steered more toward working on other people's projects instead.





Good luck!
Get your next project in writing. Or write down what he tells you, and get him to sign it. CYA

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection