Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm not upgrade eligible for the iPhone 3G, but someone on my Family Talk Plan is. How can I make this work?

I'm on a Family Talk plan with my mom (she has a nice corporate discount, although she is not a ';business'; user.)





I am not eligible for an equipment upgrade until December. However, she is eligible for an upgrade now. She has no interest in new phones or anything of that sort. She said I could give her the one I currently use (which is still nicer than the one she currently has) and she'd call it a fair swap.





Is it possible to process the upgrade to the iPhone 3G under her number and the two of us just do an equipment swap so we can keep our respective numbers?





If this is possible, what is the best way to facilitate this? I live 1500 miles away from her so we can't go to a store, together, in person.I'm not upgrade eligible for the iPhone 3G, but someone on my Family Talk Plan is. How can I make this work?
Well, she can go to the store herself, do the upgrade and ship the phone to you (she would take out her sim card) and you ship your phone to her. Or, you can see if you have some time to go visit her. The thing with shipping the phones is that use cant use your sim cards until you get the phones.





For you, you have to make sure your sim card will work with the new iphone cuz some times, the new phones dont work with older cards. Also, your mom will have to pay an extra 30 bucks a month (its the unlimited data plan for iphones that she is required to buy and she cant cancel it. That is also in addition to her regular voice plan) Even if your the one using it, she would still pay the extra $30 a month. I'm not upgrade eligible for the iPhone 3G, but someone on my Family Talk Plan is. How can I make this work?
too much to read, but when you upgrade and get the new iphone you have to get the iphone plan data i think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection