Saturday, December 5, 2009

This woman who works with my husband smoked while pregnant I couldn't stand it....cystic fibrosis?

now that her baby is two weeks old doctors think it may have cf....is this from her smoking while she was pregnant??This woman who works with my husband smoked while pregnant I couldn't stand it....cystic fibrosis?
Nice try. But that is a genetic disorder. Not every problem in the world is caused by smoking. Next people are going to say that earthquakes and tornadoes are caused by smoking.


Genetics play a huge part in the way a baby is born. Smoking hardly has anything to do with it.


My Dr. told me not to quit. Quitting causes stress and will harm the


baby. So I cut back to 5-7 a day. The result. 3 pregnancies, 3 big


and healthy babies. Between 8.11 lbs and 7.9 lbs. All because I listened to my Dr. So smoking benefited my children.This woman who works with my husband smoked while pregnant I couldn't stand it....cystic fibrosis?
cystic fibrosis is inherited. her second hand smoke will make the CF baby worse. go to cff.org or cfww.org she and her husband are carriers and 1 in 4 of any future kids will be either carriers, or get the disease. depends on genetic mutation. if delta 508, very serious. sx can be early, progress rapidly or gradually develop/worsen. it's a nightmare w GI disorders/lung infections, medications, school system, insurance. doesn't have to have family hx of it. She could deliver a 2nd child w it too, no particular order.... I have it, diagnosed last yr, age 50, pretty late onset. It ruined my life. my parents are deceased. I'm on disability since last year. what a *****ch.
not at all. CF is a genetic disorder. The baby gets one CF gene from mom and one from dad, if they are carriers (and most people don't know they are carriers until they have a kid with CF).


Smoking while pregnant leads to a whole host of other problems, including small babies. But it doesn't have anything to do with CF. Although if her baby does have CF, it'd be better if the mom quit smoking for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus protection